As a current Senior in college I have come to realize my days here at my university are limited, which is quite a shame and rather depressing if anything. While I look back at my past few years here, my time spent as a freshman was more memorable and exhilarating than I ever could have imagined. Freshman year comes with a fresh start to meet new friends, join clubs and organizations, to better your education, and to find a sense of direction in life. Freshman year was more spontaneous than anything. Recalling my first night officially moved in to my dorm room; my parents had just left and I was now all on my own, I had no friends at the time here at school with me and had just met the guy I would call my roommate. I was given no sense of direction of what to do, where to go, how to use my student ID to get into the dining center, nothing. I was dropped off and automatically supposed to know exactly where to go from there. Life seemed to stop for a bit as I sat in my freshly assembled dorm room contemplating what to do. As I sat on my bed I received a knock on my door, which resulted in me meeting the first person at my college who was not my roommate, a girl by the name of Abby, who would become one of my better friends, and is a friend I still see regularly to date. From meeting Abby, I meet the others on my floor, who had friends on other floors in the same building, then those friends had friends in other buildings, and my friend group from initially only my roommate grew exponentially, and thus led me to meet my best friend to date, my buddy David. David and I met the weekend college started and became best friends. We rushed and joined the same fraternity, roomed together, and still to this day we could not be better friends.
The moral of the story is simply that college will throw a myriad of experiences your way. So long as you are able to remain open minded, take chances, and to enjoy the time you have as your four years of college will disappear more quickly than the popcorn chicken at the mashed potato bar. I began my college career without knowing a single person, and currently as a senior I would not have changed that for the world. Beginning fresh, and leaving high school behind forced me out of my comfort zone, it forced me to go out, have fun, meet new people, and thus has created memories and friendships that I will have for a lifetime.
Quality notes separate strong students with the weak. Prepare for school accordingly with a fresh notebook!
No comments:
Post a Comment