Here at Illinois State University, there are a number of university run housing facilities that can be found roughly a 10-15 minute walk off the quad; a location where majority of the classroom buildings are found. My freshman year I lived in Wright hall, which is one of the three buildings referred to as Tri-Towers. The walk from Wright hall was a solid
10-15 minutes off the quad, which made the trek to class every morning more and more difficult as the weather conditions outside worsened the closer to winter we got. The bus system here at Illinois State would pick up and drop off students from Tri-Towers and the quad, thus eliminating the walk to campus. The more I began taking the bus the more I desired to have a way of knowing exactly when to expect the bus to arrive, even more accurately than the scheduled bus time; because come on who wants to stand outside in the snow if the bus you're waiting for is coming a few minutes late? I sure didn't. One day, my friend referred me to an app, which tracks the buses and gives an exact location. The app is called "DoubleMap," and was just the app I was looking for to support my desire not to walk to class in below-zero weather conditions.
This app saved me countless times from the exposure to sever cold, and because of it I am forever grateful. No student should be found without this app, especially if that student lives in either Tri-Towers or Cardinal Court here at Illinois State. The walk from these buildings, especially in winter, can easily be avoided by using public transportation, and if public transportation is your decision, you can't be caught dead, or frozen, without the DoubleMap app prioritized on your home screen.

No comments:
Post a Comment