Friday, October 2, 2015

Watterson Dining Center--Under Review

When one is searching for the right college there is much to consider. What majors are offered, how big is the campus, how much is tuition, where will I live, etc. However, never once did I question what food I would inevitably her eating on a daily basis my entire freshman year of school. This topic, in my opinion, is heavily overlooked and yet, an incredibly important aspect to consider. Therefore, my review on Watterson's Dining Center will hopefully shed some light on what a year of eating dorm food is truly like.

The vast array of food selections found within the dining center is quite overwhelming, at least so you thought. After the first couple of weeks of eating around the dining center you will soon come to the realization that the food does not quite have the same taste it once did. The pizza is not quite as crisp, the soup is not quite as palatable, and the burgers are bland. The food quickly loses its luster and you will soon be looking for more creative ways to surprise your palate. You will begin looking up the daily menu off of the university website for the dish of the day, which will make or break your meal for the evening. I came to the point where I would choose to eat out over condemning myself to another night of lukewarm pizza and gummy pasta with watered down tomato sauce. Don't get me wrong, I have had my fair share of quality meals, but with even the variety of foods offered at the Watterson Dining Center there comes a certain time were that variety just isn't enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment